Make the Best of Your Cannon Beach Vacation Rental with Meredith Lodging
Cannon Beach is considered by many to be one of the best beach towns in America and it is easy to see why. From the stunning shoreline with breathtaking views of famous Haystack Rock, to the extremely charming Main Street dotted with shops and restaurants, to the endless outdoor recreation opportunities nearby, staying in a Cannon Beach Vacation Rental positions you close to all the action.
Planning a trip to a Cannon Beach vacation rental? We have put together a carefully curated list of The Best of Cannon Beach to make your planning easy! Here are our go-to favorites when visiting this beloved beach town:
- Haystack Rock… especially at sunrise or sunset. This iconic view is always and immediately associated with Cannon Beach. We love to see the way the morning or evening light hits this majestic outcropping of rock rising from the sea. When the tide is out, it is safe to explore and find anemones and barnacles who call Haystack home. Remember to keep a look out for the beloved Puffins who love to roost on the rock.
- Best Clam Chowder. The good news is there are several options, and the bad news is…well, there is no bad news, just lots of good chowder! Mo’s Famous Clam Chowder is always a favorite! We also recommend you make time for chowder and other seafood delights at Ecola Seafoods Restaurant & Market. We love everything on the menu at this local, casual, and delicious café and market.
- Best Place to Bring the Coast Home with You. Inspired by coastal decor and looking to bring some of that beachy beauty into your own home? Look no further than Sesame and Lilies. You will feel as if you have stepped into the pages of a coastal decor magazine when you step in to this charming and thoughtful shop. From furniture to artwork to home accessories, Sesame and Lilies will have just what you have been looking for!
- Best Place to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. For some people, a vacation does not feel like a vacation unless there is a sweet treat to enjoy! Bruce’s Candy Kitchen has been treating visitors to some of the Oregon Coast’s best candy for more than 50 years. This most-loved candy shop offers homemade chocolates, peanut brittle, caramel corn, gummies and sours, and of course, their famous saltwater taffy in more than 35 flavors. We love the peanut butter taffy and the chocolate treats, but no matter what you choose, your sweet tooth will be satisfied!
- Best Place to Toast the Sunset. It is an oldie, but wow is it a goodie. When we want to raise a glass in Cannon Beach, we always head to the Wayfarer. While we may come for the craft cocktails, we stay for the delicious dinner and jaw-dropping views. You cannot go wrong with a stop at this beloved beachfront tavern. And do not miss out on these local faves…for drinks we love; the Orchard Press and the Spiced Cranberry Margarita…and our favorite food items include the Dungeness crab cakes, fish and chips, the fried oyster sandwich, and their famous burger, too.
Cannon Beach has it all! And if you are looking to stay with Meredith Lodging while you enjoy everything this town has to offer, we encourage you to book a stay nearby at one of our Manzanita Vacation Rentals, Seaside Vacation Rentals or Gearhart Vacation Rentals.