Oregon’s favorite annual kite festival is scheduled to kick off on June 25th, 2022 in Lincoln City. Every summer people flock to Lincoln City to see the spectacular site of colorful kites dipping and darting above the sand and sea. Grab your family, and head down to the beach to enjoy this beloved summer event.
Where is the Festival Held?
The festival is held on the beach at the D River State Recreation Site.
Parking is available at the at the Lincoln City Community Center and Lincoln City Outlets. Free shuttles are also available at both locations and run continuously from 10 am to 4 pm, Saturday and Sunday.
What is the Event Schedule?
- 10 am: Welcome Announcements & Festival Opening Performance
- 10 am – 2 pm: FREE Kite Making Workshop
- 10 – 11 am: Performances by Featured Fliers
- 11 – 11:20 am: Kite Flier Memorial
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Performances by Featured Fliers
- 12:30 – 1 pm: Guided Tours on the field, meet the Kite Fliers
- 1 – 4 pm: Performances by Featured Fliers
- 2 – 2:30 pm: Guided Tours on the field, meet the Kite Fliers
- 4 pm: Festival Closes
All Day – Enjoy kid-friendly activities with Pixie Fest Carnival Games – donations going to Kiwanis Club of Lincoln City, and a walk through the Wind Garden.
Please Note: The schedule is subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control, including weather.
Where to Get Your Own Kite?
Windriven Kites and Toys has all your flying needs covered. This family-run shop has an impressive selection of kites whether you are a first-time flier, or have been flying kites for years.
Where to Stay?
We have an amazing collection of Lincoln City vacation rentals to choose from. To also help you plan a memorable weekend getaway, check out our Top Activities and Attractions in Lincoln City blog here. We look forward to seeing you on the beach!