Happy 4th of July! Let’s All Celebrate Safely!
Happy Fourth of July Weekend from Meredith Lodging! We are committed to making sure our guests know how to celebrate safely, especially with the hot temperatures and dry conditions presented by the recent extreme weather. Please check with the local jurisdiction you will be traveling to, to ensure fireworks are allowed. If fireworks are allowed, follow the local jurisdiction’s rules carefully and celebrate responsibly so we can all enjoy a safe Fourth of July and protect our beautiful state! Please see below for more info on safety protocols.
The Oregon State Fire Marshall encourages everyone to use the four B’s of safe fireworks use:Be prepared before lighting fireworks
- Use only legal fireworks available at licensed sales locations.
- Store fireworks out of children’s reach.
- Always read and follow the directions on the firework’s label.
- Place pets indoors; they are easily frightened by fireworks.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose or a bucket of water).
- Only adults should light fireworks.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Only use fireworks outdoors and away from combustibles.
- Light one firework at a time and move away quickly.
- Keep children and pets away from fireworks.
- Do not throw fireworks or hold them in your hand.
- Soak used fireworks thoroughly in a bucket of water.
- Dispose of used fireworks and debris properly.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework. (Wait at least 15–20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.)
- Use only legal fireworks.
- Use fireworks only where it is legal to do so.
- Fireworks are prohibited in City and State Parks, including the beach.
We are also happy to report that while some safety restrictions and precautions remain in place, several of our beloved Fourth of July events and traditions are returning in 2021! We have put together a list of holiday events posted for the Oregon Coast and in Central Oregon to assist you with your planning. Please click the link for each event for additional information. We also encourage you to check local media outlets for updates, as events are subject to change.
Seaside: No fireworks this year.
Seaside’s First Saturday Art Walk
Saturday, July 3, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
This is a free event that takes place between Holladay Drive and Broadway Street in the Historic Gilbert District of downtown Seaside.
Gearhart: Independence Day Parade (subject to change as guidance unfolds).
Sunday, July 4th, 11:00 am
Parade travels from Marion to Pacific Way ending at the Fire Station.
Manzanita: No fireworks.
After careful consideration Manzanita’s annual 4th of July Parade has been cancelled due to continuing Covid safety precautions.
City of Garibaldi:
To celebrate the Fourth of July, the City of Garibaldi asked our residents and businesses to participate in a Porch Parade to bring joy to the community and share our Red, White and Blue Spirit! There will be decorated porches, yards, windows, or sidewalks.
Stop by and drive around to view the porches on your way to the Rockaway Beach fireworks show on July 4th!
Things to know:
- Porches will be decorated for viewing from July 1 – July 7
- To find locations that are participating, check out our Porch Parade Map by visiting: http://visitgaribaldi.com/event/garibaldi-fourth-of-july-porch-parade-13/
- We will continue to update the map as entries are registered.
- Light one firework at a time and move away quickly.
- Tag us and Share! FB: @CityofGaribaldi Instagram: #GaribaldiPorchParade
Pacific City – Nestucca Valley:
Tentative word that the fireworks will happen there this year but no confirmation yet.
The Devil’s Lake fireworks happen on July 3rd, with a barge set up in the middle of the water and the massive mortars fired off from there.
The Lincoln City Visitors Bureau suggests watching from East Devil’s Lake State Park – you cannot really see them from Devil’s Lake State Recreation Area itself as there is a tree-covered campground there. Regatta Park is also excellent. If you have a boat, Devil’s Lake will be prime viewing from the water.
The main show is at Siletz Bay, with the rockets fired off from the Salishan Spit across the bay on July 4th. There, crowds gather to watch the colorful spectacle, made even more dramatic by the trails and explosions reflected in the waters of the bay. Up and down all of Lincoln City beaches and much of its inland blocks are exceptional places to watch.
This charming small town never hosts firework displays. You can learn about other things to do this holiday weekend at https://discoverdepoebay.org/
Newport: Fireworks are officially on!
This event will begin at 10:00 pm, on Sunday, July 4th. The fireworks will be dispatched from on the west end of the International Terminals over Yaquina Bay near The Embarcadero Resort. The Coast Guard will be enforcing an “exclusion zone” of about 400-500 feet from the firing area. No boats are allowed inside this exclusion zone.
Yachats / Waldport:
No fireworks this year for Yachats, but Waldport is as usual holding theirs on July 3rd. Waldport and the Bayshore community have put in place a ban on the use of personal fireworks for 2021.
Under the emergency order, use of any fireworks is a class A civil infraction and carries a penalty of a fine up to $750. The City is asking for the community’s support in keeping Bend safe by complying with the ban on fireworks.
Professional fireworks displays at Vince Genna Stadium (July 3) and Pilot Butte State Park (July 4) will continue as scheduled.
July 4th, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Sisters Farmers Market is on every Sunday, 11 am – 2pm, June – October at Fir Street Park.
Live music at the market this year furry and friends will be welcome to join!
While Sunriver will not be able to host 4th of July festivities in a regular capacity in 2021, The Village at Sunriver still brings an event for the whole family, 4th of July Festive Photos. All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities.
This year, visit The Village at Sunriver to participate in a photo scavenger hunt with your festive family (registration is required). For the $15 registration fee, participants receive a bag of swag. Participants also receive a list of places to take photos around The Village at Sunriver! Look for the signs and festive décor marking the photo spot at each location listed and snap a picture! Submit all your photos via direct message on Facebook or Instagram @TheVillageAtSunriver or email to email@example.com. Completed submissions will be entered to win one of three prizes valued at $200, $100, and $50! Winners will be announced Monday, July 5th.
Register for the 4th of July Festive Photo Contest! Space is limited.