Oregon Coast Family Vacation Ideas
If you’re looking for a unique family vacation spot, the Oregon Coast has plenty! Whether it’s a winter retreat or a midsummer getaway, the Beaver State has something for everyone. And from Gearhart to Yachats, Meredith Lodging boasts a collection of well-appointed vacation rentals awaiting your arrival. With Oregon Coast vacation homes in several beloved beach communities, you’ll find endless possibilities with Meredith Lodging!
Turn Moments into Memories on the Oregon Coast
Planning a family vacation can sometimes feel like a daunting task. There are many things to see and do; understandably, kids and parents can become overwhelmed. Making sure you keep everyone satisfied while creating your itinerary can be somewhat of a balancing act. From its iconic beaches to vintage-style arcades, an Oregon Coast vacation is something the whole crew can enjoy! To help you wade through your many options, we put together a list of fun family activities worthy of consideration.
Things to Do | Oregon Coast Family Vacation Ideas
Family vacations can feel like a drag if the kids don’t have anything to look forward to. And although some families are happy with hanging out at their home away from home, many prefer to get out and enjoy everything their getaway has to offer. Here are some of our favorite things to add to your family vacation experience on the Oregon Coast.
- Quite possibly, one of the most popular attractions on the Oregon Coast is our beaches. If you’re spending time in Seaside, we recommend heading north to Fort Stevens State Park. Here are a few other excellent beaches from the Family Destinations Guide.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport showcases an eclectic assortment of interactive exhibits and marine life that are sure to please the aspiring biologists in your family.
- If shopping is your thing, be sure to stop by the Seaside Carousel Mall for souvenirs, candies, and laser tag!
- Lincoln City has hundreds of glass floats hidden throughout the beach if you’re vacationing between mid-October and late May. These random acts of kindness present an exciting scavenger hunt for youngsters and parents alike.
- Take a trip to the Tillamook Coast for a day of fishing, crabbing, hiking, or several other adventures!
- Whether you’re reliving old memories or helping create new ones, Funland Arcade in Seaside and Game Over Arcade in Lincoln City are ideal for rainy days or whenever you and the family want an alternative to the great outdoors.
- Whale’s Tail Charters is the region’s premier whale watching outfitter out of Depoe Bay and offers one-hour and one-and-a-half-hour tours in one of the coast’s most beautiful locations.
Meredith Lodging Oregon Coast Vacation Homes
With many vacation rentals within proximity to the area’s popular attractions, it’s no wonder that so many families choose Meredith Lodging for their Oregon Coast vacation. The Beaver State’s rugged shorelines offer much more than beachcombing, surfing, and fishing. But don’t take our word for it! Find out for yourself by booking your stay today! Please reach out to us online or call 877-778-9055 for more details about how Meredith Lodging can help you make the most of your Oregon coast vacation!