Let’s Stay Safe Together!
Information About Governor Brown’s 2-Week Freeze
Oregon’s Governor Brown has issued a 2-week freeze beginning on Wednesday, November 18 and continuing until Wednesday, December 2, 2020. The intention is to help flatten the curve of new cases, protect the health and safety of all Oregonians as well as preserve access to medical care by not overwhelming our healthcare system.
Meredith Lodging’s private, professionally cleaned vacation homes remain a safe and easily accessible option for Oregon families to take their daily routine on the road and experience the calming effects of our state’s breathtaking natural beauty. We continue to help our Guests make happy memories in 2020 in a way that feels safe, fun and rejuvenating while still following Governor Brown’s orders and recommendations.
For now, the only travel impacted by Governor Brown’s Freeze order are trips taking place between November 18 and December 2, 2020. If you have a getaway scheduled during that time, please be aware of the following:
From November 18 to December 2, Oregon will be in a statewide two-week freeze to stop the rapid spread of COVID-19 across Oregon. The freeze will be re-evaluated after two weeks (December 2), but it is likely that more densely populated counties, like Multnomah County/Portland, will have the freeze extended to at least four weeks. The Governor’s order puts in place the following restrictions and recommendations:
- Limiting social get-togethers/gatherings (indoors and outdoors) to no more than six people, total, from no more than two households.
- Limiting restaurants to take out/delivery only.
- Closing indoor recreational facilities, gyms and fitness organizations, museums, indoor entertainment activities, and indoor pools and sports courts.
- Closing outdoor recreational facilities, zoos, gardens, aquariums, outdoor entertainment activities, and outdoor pools.
- Limiting grocery stores and pharmacies to a maximum of 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pick-up.
- Limiting retail stores and retail malls (indoor and outdoor) to a maximum of 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pick-up.
- Closing venues (that host or facilitate indoor or outdoor events).
- Additionally, Oregon, Washington and California have issued a joint travel advisory asking the following: Persons arriving in Oregon from other states or countries, including returning Oregon residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel. This request does apply to non-essential travel, such as tourism.
Please note Governor Brown’s order is dynamic and may change as Oregon continues to work to flatten the curve. No matter what, we are here for you! Should you have a trip with a scheduled arrival between November 18 – December 2, 2020, here are your options:
If your trip is scheduled to arrive between November 18 – December 2, 2020 and you are unable to travel as planned because of the new restrictions, you may;
- Reschedule your trip for a later date, or
- Receive a Future Stay Credit in the amount paid on your stay for up to one year from the cancellation date.
Please email your reservation number to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877.778.9055 to speak to a member of our Reservations Team. We are working around the clock to make sure all our Guests get the information and assistance they need.
An Important Reminder – We ask that all Meredith Lodging Guests Adhere to our Staying Safe Together Policy:
- Please travel only when everyone in your group is healthy (no sign of fever, cough, or body aches, no loss of smell/taste or extreme fatigue) for the last 14 days. We want to be mindful of the limited healthcare resources in many of our more rural communities. If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell OR have been exposed to anyone who is sick, we will help you find alternate dates that work for you.
- Please plan to bring a face mask for each person in your party to use when interacting with our staff or entering stores or any location where it will be difficult to keep a safe social distance. If you do not have face masks, let our office know and we will leave some disposable masks in the house for your use.
- If you are traveling to Oregon, from out of state, please be aware of the travel advisory issued by OR, WA and CA asking all out-of-state travelers to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
- Please travel in parties no larger than six people and no more than two “Pods”/households traveling together. It is helpful to bring as many of your own groceries and other supplies as possible. Local stores may have limited supplies and be open for limited hours.
- Please designate (only) one member of your household to run errands – this helps to keep our local communities safe.
- Please practice social distancing (for your pups, too) when enjoying the beaches, parks or trails and please follow all posted rules for each area
We are all in this together! We hope to see you soon. Stay safe and stay healthy!