Happy 4th of July! Let’s All Celebrate Safely!
Happy Fourth of July Weekend from Meredith Lodging! We are committed to making sure our guests know how to celebrate safely, especially with the hot temperatures and dry conditions presented by the recent extreme weather. Please follow these rules carefully and celebrate responsibly so we can all enjoy a safe Fourth of July and protect our beautiful state! Please see below for more info on safety protocols.
The Oregon State Fire Marshall encourages everyone to use the four B’s of safe fireworks use:
Be prepared before lighting fireworks
- Use only legal fireworks available at licensed sales locations.
- Store fireworks out of children’s reach.
- Always read and follow the directions on the firework’s label.
- Place pets indoors; they are easily frightened by fireworks.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose or a bucket of water).
Be safe when lighting fireworks
- Only adults should light fireworks.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Only use fireworks outdoors and away from combustibles.
- Light one firework at a time and move away quickly.
- Keep children and pets away from fireworks.
- Do not throw fireworks or hold them in your hand.
Be responsible after lighting fireworks
- Soak used fireworks thoroughly in a bucket of water.
- Dispose of used fireworks and debris properly.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework. (Wait at least 15–20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.)
- Use only legal fireworks.
- Use fireworks only where it is legal to do so.
- Fireworks are prohibited in City and State Parks, including the beach.
We are also happy to report that while some safety restrictions and precautions remain in place, several of our beloved Fourth of July events and traditions are returning in 2021! We have put together a list of holiday events posted in Central Oregon to assist you with your planning. Please click the link for each event for additional information. We also encourage you to check local media outlets for updates, as events are subject to change.
July 3rd, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
First Friday Art Walk is BACK! Stroll historic downtown Bend or the Old Mill District to enjoy art, live music, local food & drink. Take advantage of easy and convenient parking in the Centennial Garage for First Friday!
Download and use the Pango Mobile App before you arrive and use coupon code FIRSTFRIDAY to enjoy 3 hours free parking! Download the app here: Pango App
Under the emergency order, use of any fireworks is a class A civil infraction and carries a penalty of a fine up to $750. The City is asking for the community’s support in keeping Bend safe by complying with the ban on fireworks.
July 4th, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Sisters Farmers Market is on every Sunday,11 am – 2pm, June – October at Fir Street Park.
While we will not be able to host 4th of July festivities in a regular capacity in 2021, The Village at Sunriver still brings an event for the whole family, 4th of July Festive Photos. All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities.
This year, visit The Village at Sunriver to participate in a photo scavenger hunt with your festive family (registration is required). For the $15 registration fee, participants receive a bag of swag. Participants also receive a list of places to take photos around The Village at Sunriver! Look for the signs and festive décor marking the photo spot at each location listed and snap a picture! Submit all your photos via direct message on Facebook or Instagram @TheVillageAtSunriver or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed submissions will be entered to win one of three prizes valued at $200, $100, and $50! Winners will be announced Monday, July 5th.
Register for the 4th of July Festive Photo Contest! Space is limited.