Lincoln City is a beloved coastal destination the whole family will love anytime of the year. Winter brings its own charm with storm watching in front of a cozy fireplace, bowls of clam chowder, last minute holiday shopping, and glass float hunting!
Check out a few of our suggestions that will help to make the season bright:
Stop by this beloved Christmas-themed shop where it feels merry and bright every day of the year. Pick up an ornament for your annual ornament gift exchange, or find the perfect holiday decoration to add to your collection. They carry thousands of ornaments, including European glass ornaments, Santa figurines, German Nutcrackers, cards and stationery.
Game Over Arcade
This Lincoln City arcade, bar and grill is the perfect place for some rainy-day fun. The whole family will have a blast with over 100 new and classic arcade games to choose from.
Please note: After 9pm, the arcade become 21+ until close.
Hit the Outlets
You will find something for everyone on your gift list at the Lincoln City Outlets. Choose from over 50 designer and name brand retail stores. Lively up your shopping experience with a stop by Scout Northwest Trading Company where you can throw some axes while browsing their wide selection of outdoor apparel and gear.
Let the Holiday Hunt Begin
Locals will tell you a visit to Lincoln City is not complete without hunting for a hand-blown glass float. A few times a year float fairies place extra glass treasures for you to find and keep. Search the beaches from Roads End to Siletz Bay on these Special Drop dates:
- December 10-11: Basketball: 50 red and black floats in the red & black theme of the Portland Trail Blazers
- December 26-January 1, 2023: Winter Break: 50 floats
Read about the hunt and the rules here.
Head to The Pines Dine
Celebrate the holidays at The Pines Dine. This family-friendly food truck village offers a rotating lineup of food trucks, a main dining hall run by Vin & Bräu serving beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages, indoor and outdoor seating, and a gift shop including retail wine/beer to-go.
- December 11, 6pm – Eat, drink and be merry while listening to the sounds of Christmas carols.
- December 17, 5pm – Get a picture with Santa, enjoy live music, and more! Suggested donation for event: $5 per person, $10 per family.
Please note: No pets allowed.
December King Tides
Storm watching is part of the magic of winter time at the Oregon Coast. The next session of the natural phenomena known as King Tides is scheduled for December 22-24. Although a mighty and marvelous sight, viewing the King Tides can be dangerous.
Here are a few safety tips:
- Always check the tide times.
- Watch for sneaker waves and never turn your back on the ocean.
- View from a distance.
- Wear closed-toed shoes and take care if walking on jetties or rocks as they can be slippery.
Where to watch the King Tides:
- Haystack Rock – North Coast
- Seaside Promenade – North Coast
- The Spouting Horn, Seal Rock and Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area – Central Coast
- Samuel Boardman State Scenic Corridor – South Coast
- Dine with a view at Fathoms, located on the 10th floor of the Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City.
Warm Up with a Bowl of Clam Chowder
Winter days at the coast can be wet and chilly. Head to Mo’s Seafood and Chowder for a piping hot bowl of their world-famous clam chowder. They also sell chowder to-go, so you can enjoy a bowl back at your cozy Meredith Lodging vacation rental.
Celebrate the Most Wonderful Time of the Year with Us!
Book your holiday getaway now! Meredith Lodging has an impressive collection of Lincoln City vacation rentals to suit all sizes and budgets. Book online, or call our friendly Reservations team at 877-778-9055. May your days be merry & bright!