Top Tips for a Great Girls Weekend at Bella Beach
23 Aug 2019
Bella Beach Resort by Meredith Lodging is a beautiful seaside resort tucked in just South of Lincoln City and North of Depoe Bay on the Oregon Coast. The neighborhood is woodsy and peaceful and offers dedicated beach access, charming community spaces, very little street traffic (thanks to all cars parking behind the homes) and lovely Nantucket-style homes with inviting front porches, many with ocean views and all within a few minutes stroll of the beach.
Stay with Meredith Lodging in Bella Beach and you and your guests are privy to a host of thoughtful amenities that will make your getaway feel even more luxurious. These amenities include:
- A fleet of Dutch-style cruiser bikes (available to check out with helmets and locks) in sizes for the whole family!
- A cozy community fire pit area, perfect for an evening glass of wine (or s’mores!) by the fire.
- A Kid’s Club with games and lawn games for everyone available for checkout from the on-property Meredith Lodging Amenities Office.
- An on-property playground with basketball court
- An inviting green space, with picnic benches for lunch outdoors
- Coming soon...an on-property fitness center!
With all of these luxurious amenities and a variety of well-appointed homes to suit nearly any budget, Bella Beach is not only a great place for families to vacation, but an ideal spot for a Girls Weekend Getaway, too. We spent a recent weekend there with our besties and captured our top tips for making the most out of a gathering at Bella Beach.
1. Find the perfect home for your group! Keep in mind when looking at properties on BellaBeach.com that you can search by budget, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and find homes that are pup-friendly, too. Make sure there is a table big enough for the group to enjoy meals together and comfy couches and chairs for fireside catch-ups or TV/movie hangouts. We chose The Driftwood home for all of these reasons...and especially for that oceanfront deck! Visit BellaBeach.com or call our Reservations Team at 877.778.9055 and they can help you find the perfect home for your getaway.
2. Divide and conquer when it comes to dining! We have several amateur chefs in our group of girlfriends who couldn’t wait to get their cooking game on in the beautiful kitchen at The Driftwood. Before we arrived, we assigned breakfast to some, dinners to others and asked everyone to bring a few of their favorite snacks for the times in between. Pro tip: Do your shopping before you arrive so once you are all together you can just focus on enjoying each other’s company. We enjoyed great food and drink all weekend...and some even shared some fun family favorite recipes!
3. Make time for beach walks...as many as possible! Bella Beach sits above a stunning stretch of the Oregon Coast and offers a beautifully landscaped path to dedicated beach access. We couldn’t get enough and enjoyed beach walks in the morning and at night. A sunset stroll is always a winner! All of that cool ocean air, those calming seas and soft sand provided the best backdrop for spending quality time together and giving everyone the chance to truly reset and feel recharged.
4. Make sure to enjoy those Meredith Lodging Amenities! We loved checking out the bikes from Meredith Lodging and riding around the neighborhood, not to mention the fact that they made for some of our best photos all weekend. And that fire pit area is a dream!!! Having our feet in the sand while enjoying some wine around the fire? Yes, please! It felt like our own private patio at a luxury resort. We also discovered that wine + s’mores are a perfect pairing! There also may have been a fairly competitive game of lawn jenga...but what happens in Bella Beach stays in Bella Beach.
5. Discover cool beach towns right outside your door. We are the first to admit we had a hard time even thinking about leaving Bella Beach once we got there but decided to go explore nearby Depoe Bay and Newport. We had delicious morning coffee from Left Coast Coffee Roasters and then spent the day exploring the shops and beaches in these two seaside stops. We also found a new favorite lunch restaurant...The Clearwater in Newport, followed by an afternoon of wine tasting on Noble Estate’s outdoor bayview deck! We were so happy we got out of the house and discovered new favorites, made memories, and that it was all within an easy car ride from “home”.
And a few words about this home....it was a dream!!! We enjoyed our stay so much we all decided to add another night and have already booked for next year! From the comfortable gathering spaces, inspiring beach decor, chef’s kitchen, and comfy beds with luxury linens to the fact everyone had their own bedroom and almost everyone had their own bathroom, it truly was a perfect place to stay. Also that oceanfront hot tub and the gorgeous oceanfront deck made sunset-watching as easy and beautiful as it gets! We loved The Driftwood, and saw many other Bella Beach Resort homes that would have been great options, too.
Thanks to Meredith Lodging for helping us plan a great weekend! A beautiful home, great location, thoughtful amenities...we are already looking forward to our Bella Beach Girls Weekend next year and our next #staywithmeredith.