Top Five Things to Do When Staying at Your Seal Rock Vacation Rental with Meredith Lodging
Seal Rock is a charming Oregon seaside village located south of Newport (and north of Waldport) along a five mile stretch of Highway 101 in Oregon. Seal Rock has a long history of drawing vacationers established as a popular vacation destination for those visiting from the Willamette Valley as far back as 1880. Originally reachable by ferry, in 1936, Seal Rock became connected by bridges to surrounding communities and continued to grow as a popular destination, while still retaining its small town feel that visitors like so much. When you book a Seal Rock Vacation Rental today, you will join the 1600 full-time residents who call Seal Rock home and appreciate that it is small in size and big on natural beauty.
When staying in your Meredith Lodging Seal Rock vacation rental, there are so many fun things to see, eat, and discover nearby!
- See the sunset at Seal Rock State Park – This picturesque state park is famous for its amazing tidepools full of anemones, starfish, and other colorful sea life. Flanked to the north by Elephant Rock (the rock’s profile looks like an elephant laying down – look for the Africa-shaped ear!) this beach is a favorite with visitors and locals alike. At low tide, you can walk out to an outcropping of rock in the middle that is called Castle Rock because it looks like the walls and roof of a castle. Castle rock is especially beautiful at sunset, with its shape profiled against the changing colors of the setting sun. Keep your eyes peeled for the pillbox shaped rock where the local seals love to bask in the sunshine!
- Hike, Kayak, and SUP at Beaver Creek Park – Named for its furry full-time residents, (and Oregon’s official state animal!) the American Beaver, this park is also home to lots of wildlife (including river otters and bald eagles) as well as great opportunities for hiking and paddling. There are restrooms and picnic tables available and paved paths are easily accessible. The beach can be accessed via the small wooden bridge that goes over Beaver Creek.
- Brian McEneny Wood Carving/Art Gallery – Prepare to be amazed when you visit the gallery and workspace of this prolific and large-scale wood carver! This woodcarving gallery displays beautiful works of refined chainsaw sculpture and tables. Visitors will enjoy exploring more than 6000 square feet of space that includes a working studio, carving/finishing areas and three showrooms featuring large and small sculptures.
- Fuel-up or warm-up at Seal Rock Espresso and Bakery – Offering an extensive menu of coffee drinks and sweet and savory baked goods, you can order ahead via email or phone for pick-up. Locals love their apple strudel, cinnamon rolls, sausage rolls, and scones!
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Indulge Sweets of Seal Rock – Do you have a sweet tooth? Does someone in your family live for sweet treats? Good news! Indulge Sweet Treats will have plenty of options to satisfy! This boutique confections shop offers handmade fudge, brownies, cookies, cakes, caramels, and caramel corn, as well as coffee drinks, Italian sodas, and ice cream.
Your Meredith Lodging Seal Rock vacation rental will be your perfect home base for discovering all that Seal Rock has to offer. View our Seal Rock vacation rentals at MeredithLodging.com.