Top 10 Things to Do for Spring Break in Oregon
Spring Break is the real deal in Oregon. With longer (and sometimes rainier) winters than some other locations, people in Oregon take their Spring Break plans verrrrry seriously, even long after they are out of school. Oregon is also a premier destination for Spring Breakers from all over the United States who come to stroll along our pristine coastline or hit the slopes on legendary mountains in the Cascade Range. When staying in a Meredith Lodging Central Oregon vacation rental or Oregon Coast vacation rental, you will be well-positioned to enjoy all that Oregon has to offer during this extra-special time of year!
Spending Spring Break in Oregon? These sites are not to be missed!
Top Five Oregon Coast Spring Break Things to Do
- Celebrate 100 years of the Seaside Prom! – This famous promenade turns 100 years old in 2021. Running parallel to the beach for 1.5 miles, the Seaside prom has seen millions of visitors over the years. From early morning joggers to mid-day arcade goers to sunset enthusiasts and every hour in between, you will find so much to love about this beachfront boardwalk.
- Wine-tasting at the Nehalem Bay Winery! – Tucked in to lush, green, woodsy surrounds between Nehalem Bay and Manzanita, this winery has been in business since 1974. Originally launched with sweet fruit wines, the winery has evolved into making traditional reds and whites with grapes sourced from the world-renowned Willamette Valley. Open for daily for tastings.
- Hike the Dune at Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City! – An unforgettable adventure for the hikers in your life, the view from the top is incredible! Hiking the dune in Pacific City is a favorite activity among locals and tourists alike. Not for the faint of heart – it is an uphill trudge at a steep incline in soft sand. Those who take a pass can wait for you on the beach at the popular post-hike hangout, the Pelican Pub. This is one of the country’s only breweries where you can enjoy craft bear with your toes in the sand!
- Watch taffy being pulled the old fashioned way at Ainslee’s in Depoe Bay! – Do you have a sweet tooth in your traveling party? Have you ever tried Oregon Coast Saltwater Taffy? You are all in for a treat when you make time to make a stop at Ainslee’s Homemade Saltwater Taffy in Depoe Bay. Every flavor you can imagine and, if you are lucky, you can watch them make the taffy through the window!
- Whale Watch in Depoe Bay! – Depoe Bay is not only one of the whale-watching capitals of the world, it is also home to one of the most beloved harbors in the world. In fact, in 2020 Depoe Bay Harbor was named the Best Harbor in the United States by USHarbor.com! Check with our friends at Discover Depoe Bay/the Chamber of Commerce and arrange a whale-watching excursion to see these magnificent mammals up close!
Heading to Central Oregon for Spring Break? We’ve got you!
Top Five Central Oregon Spring Break Activities
- Visit one of America’s most charming Main Streets in Downtown Bend! – Downtown Bend is the heartbeat of this thriving Central Oregon community. You will love discovering all the charming shops, award-winning restaurants, and entertainment options nearby. Enjoy all this mountain town has to offer…all within striking distance of world-class, year-round outdoor recreation!
- Spring Skiing & Snowboarding Mt. Bachelor! – There is a good reason Mt. Bachelor is often considered as a location for the Winter Olympics – it is all that perfect powder! Spring skiing often means sunny skies and still-fabulous snow conditions for outdoor recreation of all kinds. Some parking and dining facilities are restricted in 2021, so make sure to plan ahead for a day of fun for the whole family!
- Stamp your passport along the Bend Ale Trail Brewery Tour! – Sample world-class craft beer and see some of the best of Bend when you take a trip down the Ale Trail! This popular local program run by VisitBend.com is a fantastic way to experience the thriving brewery scene in Bend – you can even earn a free beer! Visit their website (link above) for all the details and raise a glass to Spring in Bend!
- Enjoy family-friendly hikes along the Deschutes River Trail! – The Deschutes River Trail cuts a scenic path through some of the most beautiful parts of Central Oregon, much of it along the beautiful river it is named for. Many families like the Sunriver part of the trail, which is mostly flat and hugs the river for miles offering gorgeous views and a real rush – the highlight at Benham Falls. No matter what part of the trail you tackle, you will have stunning photos and smiling faces to show for it.
- Eat, drink, shop and play at The Village in Sunriver! – Spring Break in Sunriver is an ideal family vacation because there is truly something for everyone! Miles of beautiful bike paths, lots of hiking opportunities nearby, Mt. Bachelor just a short drive away – and, as always, some time spent enjoying the “living room” of Sunriver – The Village at Sunriver! Kids love the activities (think bumper cars, mini golf, a town train…) and the ice-cream shop at Goody’s. Parents love the great local shops and delicious restaurants and activities designed with families in mind. Do not forget to check out the Spring Break Eggstravaganza, new this year! Find your gold, silver, or metallic blue eggs and be rewarded with cash and other prizes! Details here – Spring Eggstravaganza.
No matter where you spend your Spring Break in Oregon, you can stay at a Meredith Lodging Oregon Coast or Central Oregon vacation rental and be steps away from all the action! View our complete collection of Oregon Coast and Central Oregon vacation rentals at MeredithLodging.com