Top Five Things to Do, See, Eat & Drink at Pacific City Vacation Rentals!
Pacific City is beloved by locals and tourists alike. Once known primarily as a fishing and logging town, over time Pacific City has become a favorite vacation destination, thanks to its stunning Cape Kiwanda headland and its small but mighty offerings of good food and drinks. Planning your own stay at a Meredith Lodging Pacific City Vacation Rental? We have captured our shortlist of local favorites to help you make your PC (Pacific City) getaway one to remember.
Meredith Lodging’s Pacific City Top Five:
- Fuel up for your day’s activities at Stimulus Coffee + Bakery. This local-favorite café is known for their excellent coffee and delicious pastries, made fresh each day. Located across the street from the beach and an easy stroll from most Meredith Lodging Pacific City Vacation Rentals, Stimulus is the perfect way to start each day. Be sure to try the Cinnamon Bliss and the Beach Bun!
- Walk the beach, hike the dune. For decades, families (especially kiddos!) have been hiking the sand dune at Cape Kiwanda as the ultimate way to get the wiggles out for everyone involved. Sitting at the north end of the beach, there is no specific trail, you just go straight up! This family-friendly activity rewards all who make it to the top with beautiful views and a photo opportunity that is sure to be a keeper. If an easier stroll is more your style, be sure to walk the length of the beach and explore Bob Straub State Park. The park includes the Nestucca Sand Spit and is bordered by the Nestucca River to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- Beers in the hand, toes in the sand at Pelican Brew Pub. You read that right! This oceanfront brewpub and restaurants has chairs in the sand – a favorite experience for visitors and locals. We love the Kiwanda Cream ale. With plenty of options on tap and comfort food to go along with it, everyone will find something to enjoy. Also, it’s an IDEAL place to watch the sun set behind Haystack Rock if you can snag a table in time.
- Soup and sandwiches by the sea at Grateful Bread Bakery. Make sure to make time for lunch at this delicious local favorite café. Known for their breakfast menu (those omelets!) and bread and baked goods, it is no surprise that their sandwiches are off the charts! We love their locally sourced Dory caught grilled cod sandwich with some minestrone soup. Or grab a bunch of sandwiches for the road before exploring Bob Straub State Park or Sand Lake.
- Walking (or riding) on the moon at Sand Lake Recreation Area. While this vast recreation area is popular with Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) riders it also contains a lovely estuary to explore. The white sand beaches and rocky landscapes make locals refer to walking on the moon when visiting. Just a short drive from your Meredith Lodging Pacific City vacation rental, Sand Lake is a wonderful day-trip activity.
Pacific City is an ideal destination for any Oregon Coast getaway – from a girls’ weekend, to a family trip, to a quiet escape for two, a trip to PC will always be a hit. Meredith Lodging has an extensive offering of Pacific City vacation rentals. View our entire Pacific City collection.