Book a Getaway to a Neskowin Vacation Rental and You Will Be “Neskowinning”!
Neskowin is considered by many to be one of the best-kept secrets on the Oregon Coast. One of the oldest beach towns in the state, the local post office in Neskowin was established in 1886. The name Neskowin is of Native American origin and thought to mean “plenty of fish.”
Tucked in along a picturesque stretch the Oregon coast between Nestucca Bay to the North and Cascade Head to the South, this three-mile beach and charming beach town community feels as if it is from another time in the best possible way! When you book a getaway in a Neskowin vacation rental you will be planning a trip that will have the best of both worlds… the slower pace of another time with all the conveniences of today.
Fall in love with Neskowin from the moment you check-in to your Neskowin vacation rental and know that these local favorites will be right outside your door.
- Slow down as soon as you arrive – it is the law! The speed limit in Neskowin Oregon is officially 15mph in town and we would say most people walk everywhere and those who drive stay under the speed limit at 5-10 mph. All over town you will see charming, hand-painted signs reminding visitors to “Go Slow” and enjoy themselves.
- Neskowin Trading Company – Start your day with coffee, fresh baked goods and gourmet groceries at Neskowin Trading Company – and be prepared for it to become your favorite new vacation habit! Coming back at lunch time for delicious sandwiches and salads is a good idea, too… we love to eat al fresco on their picnic tables!
- Neskowin Farmer’s Market – Neskowin has one of the best Seasonal Farmer’s Markets on the Oregon Coast! Taking place every Saturday from May 22 – October 1, the Market opens at 9AM and lasts till 1PM. Do not miss some of our favorite vendors – including Gingifer’s Kitchen for jam, Nestucca Bay Creamery for cheese and flowers and produce from Corvus Landing Farm.
- Proposal Rock and the Ghost Forest – Neskowin has some famous geological formations too! The easiest to see and enjoy is Proposal Rock, which is the signature landmark of the main stretch of beach. And if you wait for the lowest tides of the year, you may be treated to seeing the Ghost Forest of Neskowin, believed to be a Sitka Spruce forest more than 2000 years old that was buried by a tsunami or earthquake thousands of years ago and preserved. Now a few times a year, when the tide is low or after a storm, the remaining stumps can be seen for a few hours or days – a big draw for photographers, geology buffs and beachgoers alike!
- Dinner and a Scoop – Neskowin is also home to a beloved restaurant and scoop shop that draws in locals and visitors alike. Dinner at the picturesque (and delicious!) Café at Hawk Creek is not to be missed – especially the avocado rolls, halibut bites, fish tacos and Dungeness crab Caesar salad! After dinner (or any time of day) stop by The Village Scoop for a scoop of ice cream or a cone…and they even have pup-friendly ice cream for the doggos in your life! All this goodness is just a short stroll away from your Neskowin vacation rental.
Ready to start planning your getaway? From cozy cabins to oceanfront luxury homes, we have the Neskowin vacation rental you are looking for. Visit MeredithLodging.com and view our entire Neskowin Collection.